Philippians 4:8


"Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything is worthy of praise, let your mind dwell on these things."

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Visions of Sugarplums...


1-1-11...It just doesn't seem possible, but all of the fudge, pumpkin bread, and cookies have disappeared and Christmas has come and gone before I could really even settle down enough to enjoy it. I fully intended to attend a Josh Wilson concert followed by looking at pretty lights...and it would have been meaningful to attend a candlelight service, somewhere. But, this was a season in my life that required an extra dose of flexibility and understanding. Thanks be to God that the most important part of the celebration went well, as I did enjoy the special time with my kids and the blessing that it was to be able to give them gifts that they seemed to sincerely appreciate. (I have an obsessive desire to be the best gift-giver and I probably over-analyze that part of Christmas way, way too much!)

I had so many plans and ideas that I never got around to bringing to life, like making my own Christmas cards. I even had the beginnings of what I wanted them to say, "Out of all of the gifts beneath my tree... the Greatest of all takes faith to see..." Maybe that idea will keep until next year :) I did get a few crafty projects completed, though. Here's a picture of a wreath that I made for my dear friend, Mary...I think she liked it!


By the way, she got me a crafty gift, as well. With the help of her husband's carpentry skills, her gift to me was a stable for my porch! Let me tell you, this was a BIG deal to me, as my poor Mary, Joseph, and baby Jesus-in-the-manger have been out on my porch without any shelter for a number of Christmas seasons. It looked so nice...I just loved it! Now, if I can just get Charlie to put up all of those blue lights on our house, next year...

My heartfelt prayer for the coming year is to be able to respond to every moment and every challenge of 2011 with a more Christ-like attitude. I pray for God's wisdom to lead me as I strive to be the wife and mother that would be pleasing in His sight. May the Light of the World guide us all...Have a Blessed New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment