...you would know that I have a"thing" for architecture. I don't just like it a little; it intrigues me. But, not all kinds...mostly the old kind that has stood the test of time and has been able to withstand the elements. The kind that makes you appreciate true craftsmanship and the creation of something that is a unique expression of yourself. Here are a few examples that I'd like to share with you:

from Varenna & Milan

Villa Balbianello, Natchez-MS, & Lake Como
One of my favorite pastimes is to draw floor plans. It has been a great blessing for Charlie and me to be able to bring two of these plans into reality, as we contracted our last two homes. You would think that I would be able to set that pad of graph paper aside, now....but, I just keep having so many ideas about creating beautiful homes and I need to have something to do while the guys are watching ESPN :)
My latest set of plans would have some features and rooms like these:

exterior elevations

outdoor living spaces

stairway ideas, kitchens, & misc.

No comments:
Post a Comment