Philippians 4:8


"Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything is worthy of praise, let your mind dwell on these things."

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Sweet Success!

Delicious and healthy, too! Every year, I plan to start cooking more healthy food for me and my family. This effort turned out especially well...if you didn't know they were good for you, you would eat them for their sheer yumminess (and I don't say that about too many things). So, I'm sharing with anyone who is interested...in healthy food...or just the yummy part :)

Pineapple Right-Side-Up muffins

Combine dry ingredients:
1/4 c. brown sugar
1/4 c. splenda
1 c. whole wheat flour
1 c. regular white flour
1/2 c quick cooking oats
2 t. baking powder
1/2 t. baking soda
1 T cinnamon
1/4 c. finely chopped walnuts or pecans
Add wet ingredients and stir until moistened:
1 whole large egg, plus two egg whites
1/2 c. unsweetened applesauce
1/2 c. (more or less) juice from canned pineapple chunks
1 t. vanilla extract

Toppings:
1 lg. can pineapple chunks
pecan halves
18 t. brown sugar

Preheat oven to 400 and spray 18 muffin tin cups with "pam". Spoon muffin batter into cups until they are 3/4
full. Top each with 3 pecan halves and 2-3 pineapple chunks. Finish by sprinkling each with 1 t. brown sugar and
bake for 20-25 minutes until done. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so jealous of these. I want to eat twelve of them right now please.

    ReplyDelete