Philippians 4:8


"Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything is worthy of praise, let your mind dwell on these things."

Sunday, October 17, 2010

Yankees & Yummies





Friday, October 16, 2010... What a weekend!

When Ben told me (last Wednesday night) that he wanted to go to Game 1 of the ALC
playoffs to see the Yankees play at the Texas Rangers' Stadium, I knew it was
going to take an act of God to make it
all possible. After all, the game was
being played in just two days and tickets
would be scarce, at best. But, I'm always
up for a challenge and I knew that this
trip would mean so much to Ben, so I started planning...asap!

Thursday morning, I found myself with some extra time on my hands. I had to
wait for AAA to come and attempt to retrieve a broken key from my car's ignition.
I called Rangers Stadium directly and was pleased to be able to order tickets for
Ben, Bethany, and me. I was told the tickets were in a good location. But, when I
got home and looked on their website, I was upset to realize they were actually way
out in the outfield :( I feared Ben's disappointment and felt like I had failed in my
attempt to make this a great experience for him. I called back and was more upset
when I was told that "MLB rules prohibited any ticket exchanges or refunds"
and there was nothing that could be done. Big problem...big.

I talked with a couple of my friends, that afternoon, and asked them to pray
that something, somehow would work out this situation. God gave me the
idea to call back and ask for the ticket manager. Hmmm....would this make
a difference? When I actually got "Jace" on the phone, God began working
it all out! First, Jace was excited that I was from Claremore, since his good
friend (Bacon) lives here and since we have a Carl's Jr. restaurant, which is
his favorite (go figure). I explained my dilemma and he was so helpful...
and happy to help, too! He moved us to seats that were 23 rows above the
Yankees' dugout/3rd base! He did apologize for not having seats on the
Rangers' side...I smiled to myself and told him that I understood!

So, Ben, Bethany, and I had a great road trip to Arlington, stayed at a nice
hotel that offered to shuttle us back and forth from the game for free...
no parking or traffic worries! We ate dinner at TGI Friday's and had a
wonderful white chocolate cheesecake for a midnight snack (back at the
hotel). Everything was wonderful...even the weather was perfect.
God reminded us...once again...at His great love and his wonderful grace...
and blessings far above our hopes and dreams.
Big God...BIG!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment