Philippians 4:8


"Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything is worthy of praise, let your mind dwell on these things."

Saturday, October 2, 2010

Prayer availeth much...

Isn't it amazing that the same God that created the entire universe and everything in it would be interested to hear what I have to say? Yet, He bids me..."Come near." And, when I do, I am humbled to find Him so readily.

Prayer has always come naturally for me. I suppose, as a child, it was my escape and my substitution for conversation with my earthly father, when we were apart. God has always been there to listen, to comfort, and to guide. One of the sweetest verses in the Bible says, "You number my wanderings; put my tears in Your bottle; Is it not in your book, when I cry out to You?" (Ps. 56: 8-9)
Believe me...God must have a very large bottle!

When I was young, my mother had a picture that hung on our wall with this sentiment: "Though oft' I feel discouraged, I know that God is there... and even when I whisper, He hears my faintest prayer." This thought became most helpful in teaching me to "pray without ceasing." I discovered that prayer could be a constant attitude of my heart; something not to be put off until there was time or opportunity, but often, a secret thought that I could whisper to my Divine Confidant at any desired moment of the day or night.

Now that I am older, I have learned of my needful responsibility concerning intercessory prayer. My dear friend and prayer partner, Mary, introduced me to Mom's in Touch Int'l. about 10 years ago and my prayer life has been greatly enriched and challenged by it. Praying with this group of Godly women has been an honor and source of strength for me, both in days of victory and despair. What a blessing it is to know that we are lifting up the lives our loved ones and praying scripture prayers over their very souls. We know the evil one seeks "to kill, steal, and destroy"; we bind our prayers and hearts together to give glory to God and to see Him at work for: "Greater is He that is within me, than he that is within the world."
www.momsintouch.org

No comments:

Post a Comment